- Work Day Reminder
- Garlic Update
- Harvest Sale
- Honey Jar Reminder
- Crusher Fine and Pathways
WORK DAY REMINDER
Time for another work day. See you on Saturday to help with garden maintenance. Planned projects are:
- Garlic cleaning
- Storage Box clean up
- Goat head removal–they’re showing up all over the garden. Bring thick gloves!
- General maintenance
If there are any other specific areas anyone thinks needs attention, let us know.
Garlic cleaning party at the garden!!!!
A few gardeners have reported that their garlic has completely cured. If your garlic has cured, bring it to the garden for the work day and we’ll help you clean and prep the garlic for the harvest sale.
For anyone who grew garlic, but can’t make it to the work day:
- Check to see if the stalks are completely dry. If so…
- Trim the stalks to about 2 inches from the bulb and trim the roots off flush with the bulb.
- Sort out 8 or 10 of the largest bulbs to be used as seed stock for planting in the fall.
- If you grew more than one variety, keep them separate and label them. Don’t mix them up!!
- For the remainder, after sorting out seed stock, please separate half for the harvest sale and keep the other half for yourself.
- Attached to the newsletter is the list of garlic by gardener and garlic variety.
Priscilla will be at the garden on Saturday to collect the garlic to be sold at the harvest sale.
If you have any questions, please contact Priscilla at email@example.com.
Saturday, Sept. 9, 9 am to 12 pm.
Our big fundraiser of the year is just a month away and we need all hands on deck to have a successful event. At the harvest sale, we sell heirloom garlic, fresh vegetables and herbs, flower bouquets, bakery, jams, salsa, pesto and any craft item gardeners are willing to make. Examples of past donations include: Calendula beeswax hand salve, 4 X 4 raised beds, cloth face masks, photo cards, dried flowers wreaths, tomato pesto sandwiches, etc. Please sign up to donate, create or work. A sign up sheet will be posted in the kiosk or you can reach out to Ana Tolentino, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-949-6088. I will be in touch with the gardeners who have already signed up and will schedule a planning in several weeks. Thank you!!!
HONEY JAR REMINDER
Don’t forget to bring a jar that’s 6 oz or less if you’d like honey from our bees! Put your clean jar in the box under the front linden tree. Please make sure it’s labeled with your name, and put it in the box by next Tuesday, the 15th.
CRUSHER FINE AND PATHWAYS
Everyone has done such a great job of repairing and building pathways in the garden that the crusher fine pile is dwindling fast. But not to worry, we’ll get more! So keep those pathway projects going!
Work Day: Saturday, August 12, 9:00 to noon
Harvest Sale: Saturday, September 9, 9:00 to noon
Work Day: Saturday, September 16, 9:00 to noon (moved a week later to accommodate the Harvest Sale)
VOLUNTEER HOURS OPPORTUNITIES:
SIGN UP TO HELP WITH BOKASHI
All gardeners are asked to participate in one Bokashi session during the season. One of the Bokashi team will be present at each session to guide the process and answer any bokashi questions you may have. Each session takes about 45 minutes. To schedule your session:
- Sign in to the Hours site, https://www.trackitforward.com/site/rosedale-community-garden
- Click on the Events Sign Up tab in the top menu,
- Search through the listed Bokashi dates(it’s every Saturday)
- Click the Bokashi date that fits your schedule.
- Click on the orange Sign Up box on the right hand side and sign up.
Bee Hives contact: Brad Volin at email@example.com
Compost contact: Gary Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donation Plots contact: email@example.com
Perennial Team & Herb Garden: Christine Franck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Plots/Membership: Priscilla at email@example.com
Website: Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Contacts: Leadership@rosedalegarden.org (Priscilla, Cindy, Sarah, Liz)
News@rosedalegarden.org (Send your updates for the News Email)
Mailing Address: Rosedale Community Garden PO Box 415 Englewood, Co 80151-0415
Visit us on the web at: www.rosedalegarden.org
If you have questions please email us at email@example.com
Rosedale Community Garden | PO Box 415 | Englewood | CO | 80151-0415