Carolyn's Hummus (sans tahini)
- 2 cans Organic garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed to a paste
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- Mash garbanzo beans with a little olive oil to achieve a good consistency.
- Add garlic, parsley, and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- If using immediately, add onion and mix. If storing to use later, reserve onion and add it at serving time.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve with pita or crudité.