Carolyn's Hummus (sans tahini)
- 2 cans Organic garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed to a paste
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- sea salt, to taste
Mash garbanzo beans with a little olive oil to achieve a good consistency.
Add garlic, parsley, and lemon juice and stir to combine.
If using immediately, add onion and mix. If storing to use later, reserve onion and add it at serving time.
Add sea salt to taste.
Serve with pita or crudité.