It won’t be long before spinach and strawberries will be ready to pick. This is my favorite spring salad to make using both. Cinnamon vinaigrette may sound a little odd, but it will make this salad your new favorite, too!
Share your favorite recipes from your garden. Send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them appear as the next Recipe of the Week.
Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 10 oz. baby spinach or mixed spring greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup raspberry, white wine, or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Chill at least 2 hours. Shake well before serving.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with some of the cinnamon vinaigrette and toss to lightly coat the greens. Serve remaining vinaigrette with the salad.