Vegetarian No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna
A super simple, super yummy recipe for using up your late season zucchini. Even the giant ones! That nobody wants.
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu drained and sliced into 1/4 inch slabs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 cups homemade, or store bought, marinara sauce 24 ounce jar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim of the very top and bottom of the zucchini. Cut them in half crosswise and then cut them into ¼-inch-thick slabs. Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle on ½ teaspoon salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Use your hands to coat everything. Spread them out on the baking sheet. It’s ok if they overlap a little.
- Lay the tofu on a separate baking sheet and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and more black pepper.
- Bake the zucchini and tofu for 10 minutes.
- To assemble, lay half the zucchini in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan in one snug layer. Lay all the tofu, evenly spaced, on top of the zucchini. Spread half of the tomato sauce over everything. Lay on all of the Mozzarella in one layer. Lay the remaining zucchini in the pan. Spread on the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Comments are closed