by Brad Volin
Spring is in the air!! The days are finally getting longer and although we’ve had a recent cold snap, believe it or not, the first nectar flow is flowing which means the bees are getting active. Click here for more info.
In fact, Devin and I will be inspecting the hives at the garden this Sat, Mar 3 around 3pm. If you are interested in any way, come on down. It is supposed to be beautiful.
Other activities over the next 2 months in the Bee Committee include:
- Shed organization. We’ll install some shelves and bins to tidy things up a bit
- Build some more deeps (the stackable boxes that form the bee hive)
- Monthly weight check (that is one thing we’ll be doing this Sat)
- Feedings as needed 1-4x/month
- Inspection/management of each hive
o Possibly splitting or re-queening hives
If you are interested in any way, please let me know. We welcome tourists and gawkers, as well as bee helpers. This is a great way to get involved and learn, even if you don’t know anything about bees.
Hope to see you Saturday!