- Work Day Thank You
- Garden To-Do List
WORK DAY THANK YOU
Saturday was a super hot day but our gardeners were on FIRE 🔥when it came to weeding and cleaning up the garden. The picnic site next to the meeting area looks amazing thanks to Jen and Liz. Cindy and Amy tackled the herb garden; Ethan weed whacked the area around the south fence and crusher fine; Jackie, Dave, Fran, Paula, took on the weeds in abandoned plots and cleaned up the area around the grape arbor. Many thanks to everyone that turned out. There may be some memory loss due to heat, so apologies to those not mentioned.
GARDEN TO-DO LIST
If you missed the work day and all of that weeding fun, but would like to get some volunteer time logged, there are a couple of places that we didn’t get to on Saturday that can use a little love.
· Plot E-8, east end, has been abandoned and needs weeding. The west end was weeded on Saturday and then covered with hay to keep future weeds down. If one or two gardeners have some time, the east half needs weeding and covering with a layer of straw.
· Plot W-2W (west half of plot) could use some help weeding (plot across from Shed #3; there is an orange cone marking the plot).
If you can help out, it would be appreciated. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.BOKASHI
The Bokashi and Compost Teams were working hard in the heat, too, making that sweet, sweet Bokashi. The barrels of Bokashi tea are full and ready to use. Not a user? Just look at what a week’s worth of Bokashi can do for your garden. Those are some prize-winning Zucchini and Peppers! 😉
VOLUNTEER HOURS OPPORTUNITIES:
SIGN UP TO HELP WITH BOKASHI
All gardeners are asked to participate in one Bokashi session during the season. One of the Bokashi team will be present at each session to guide the process and answer any bokashi questions you may have. Each session takes about 45 minutes. To schedule your session:
- Sign in to the Hours site, https://www.trackitforward.com/site/rosedale-community-garden
- Click on the Events Sign Up tab in the top menu,
- Search through the listed Bokashi dates(it’s every Saturday)
- Click the Bokashi date that fits your schedule.
- Click on the orange Sign Up box on the right hand side and sign up.
Bee Hives contact: Brad Volin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donation Plots contact: Renata Hahn at email@example.com
Garlic Team contact: Priscilla Yacovoni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Perennial Team & Herb Garden contact: Sarah Muntz at email@example.com
Membership and website contact: Priscilla at firstname.lastname@example.orgLeadership Contacts: Leadership@rosedalegarden.org (Priscilla, Cindy, Sarah, Liz)Plots@rosedalegarden.org (Priscilla)News@rosedalegarden.org (Send your updates for the Monday News Email)Accounts@rosedalegarden.org (Jackie)
Mailing Address: Rosedale Community Garden PO Box 415 Englewood, Co 80151-0415Visit us on the web at: www.rosedalegarden.org
If you have questions please email us at email@example.com
Rosedale Community Garden | PO Box 415 | Englewood | CO | 80151-0415
No responses yet